What it’s like to work at Envision:
At Envision, we have an unreal team that likes to have fun at work (who wants a job that isn’t fun?!?). Our work culture is casual, and our team operates across four different provinces but you would never know that – we use Google Meet and chat to touch base multiple times a day.
Your primary job will be to program in WordPress. You may join the odd client call – but we’ll never expect you to be the designer or project manager! At EnvisionUP our WordPress developers focus on what they do best – code beautiful, fast loading WordPress sites!
Here are the skills we expect you to have advanced knowledge:
- Strong understanding of WordPress Core
- Custom WordPress Theme Creation
- Gutenberg Blocks
- CSS (and SCSS), PHP, JS, (jQuery)
- MySQL database (importing/exporting content)
- Actions and Filters (Hooks)
- WordPress Custom Post Creation & Optimization
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.0 AA, AAA
- Knowledge of Regex, Scraping, Google Sheets etc. for Importing Content in WordPress
- Pride in being a top performer, able to manage time across multiple projects
Interested in joining our growing team? Simply send us 3 of your latest WordPress websites where you built the theme and we’ll take it from there!
Perks and Benefits
- Canadian full-time employees receive Health Benefits.
- Work from anywhere, fully remote opportunity
- Designers and Project Managers on staff to provide support
- Casual dress – No dress shirts required!
- Company socials – lunches, game events, etc.
- Mentorship, education, and improvement opportunities
As a Canadian resident, all full-time employees receive Health Benefits.
We strive for continuous improvement, and are constantly educating ourselves on new material, certifications and skills.
Be yourself, and enjoy your work. Everyone does things a little differently, and that is more than okay.
Our company is small but mighty, meaning we have to use our time efficiently. We are constantly using tools and tricks of the trade to get the most for our clients.
We’re stronger when we work together. Our team is in constant communication with each other, and every project has a small army behind it.
It’s all about understanding the clients wants and needs. Our team practices empathetic thinking 24/7, so that we deliver on our clients’ goals.