EnvisionUP is looking for a talented Junior Designer Intern to do content layout within WordPress in our Ottawa studio.
Your main role will be to make our copywriters’ words dance on the page to engage our clients’ target audiences. It’s not an easy task so you need to be motivated, have exceptional design sense and excellent communication skills. When needed, you’ll be busy sourcing stock photography, illustrations, vectors and imagery for page layouts and concept designs.
It’s not all WordPress and content; you’ll also be designing digital and social media marketing material for our small business and not-for-profit clients.
- An existing online portfolio of similar past work.
- Understanding of HTML and CSS (enough to be comfortable with minor coding).
- Exceptional design and technical skills when it comes to creating layouts in WordPress.
- Understanding of responsive design and how it works.
- A good eye for selecting photographs and illustrations.
- Ability to work independently and are highly motivated/self starter.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and grow and take constructive criticism as a way to expand your knowledge.
- Ability to work within tight timelines.
- A love for coming up with creative solutions to layout, design and content challenges.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Excellent understanding of typography, hierarchy, composition, colour and UX.
- Attention to detail when it comes to content flow, spelling and grammar.
- A strong work ethic.
- Bonus: Experience working as a designer in a web design agency, design studio or marketing firm.
Nice to Haves
- Ability to do minor PHP coding / template work in WordPress.
- Knowledge of persuasive design.
- Comfortable speaking with clients.
- A Graphic Design diploma or certificate.