Business, as we’ve always known it, has changed. We’re excited to be part of this change. From a smartphone, you have endless possibilities. Running your business, connecting with others or booking an appointment for their next furnace cleaning is one tap away.
We’re excited to be part of the digital marketing revolution. But many business owners are reluctantly embracing this new normal. That’s where we come in to help! And we’re looking for some amazing people to come along for the ride.
Our small business is in Ottawa, Ontario. But it’s 2022, and that doesn’t matter. Our service-based clients operate across Canada and the United States, and as long as you live in Canada, we’re good with that!
You’ll be managing digital marketing for companies in the HVAC, plumbing and construction space. And we believe the things we do will change their world! How cool is that? But honestly, the job is not all roses and puppy dogs — there is some good news, and there is some bad news.
Let’s get the bad news out of the way first:
- It’s going to be work. We haven’t got layers and layers of people working here. So you will need to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty from time to time.
Now let’s talk about the good stuff:
- We’re all set-up to run our business from anywhere. It’s just how we roll. We do video check-ins daily over Google Meet and connect back and forth via some other fun tools (and have amazing conversations with our staff from all parts of Canada!)
- The work is fun, fresh and dynamic. You will be working directly for our founder and with some brilliant people who are just as passionate about digital marketing.
- We aren’t big on stress. So, while we will expect you to work efficiently and get things done, we focus on open communication and getting things done right the first go around.
- You will experience things, do things, and decide on things that no big stuffy company would ever allow you to do. You will be able to dictate the work that you do.
- We’re always bringing on new clients, so you will get to work with interesting, successful business owners from across North America!
- Always Be Learning is one of our core values. Our industry is ever changing. We encourage staff to take time to learn and will even pay for your training.
- We’re family-friendly. We rarely ask people to work overtime or work weekends.
- We want you to be part of our success. For any new work you bring our way, we’ll provide a commission.
- As a full-time employee, you will receive Health Benefits.
Now, let’s talk about the job requirements. We’re looking for a digital marketing coordinator, but that’s just a fancy way of saying, project manager.
- You need to be the type of person who gets joy out of getting things done. Every day, you will bang out a list of stuff. Fun stuff. Important stuff. Necessary stuff. For multiple clients and multiple team members.
- You will be on the computer a lot. So, an understanding of social media, WordPress, email, copy, SEO basics and other digital marketing tactics will be necessary.
- You will be on the phone and email a lot. So, you need to enjoy talking with people and giving/getting direction.
- You need to be a person who loves to deliver remarkable experiences to other people. You know, you need to be someone who feels good by making other people feel good.
- You need to nail down the details. You don’t need to race through work and get things done half-assed (we figured that one out ourselves). We need you to slow things down and get them done right and be time-management obsessed.
- We want you to be meticulous in your work. We are not looking for the life of the party … in fact, quite the opposite. We are looking for a good, fun person who gets stuff done. And has a full-time work experience of at least 8+ years.
In short, your job is to help our clients grow their businesses using the EnvisionUP principles. And to have fun at work (who wants a job that isn’t fun?!?). Our work culture is casual, but we do expect professionalism and punctuality.
On any given day, you can expect to do things like:
- Assigning tasks and following up with other team members around WordPress development, social media tasks, or copywriting.
- Planning and prioritizing work queues for the next week.
- Taking phone calls or emails from clients about anything and everything!
- Editing and providing feedback on blog posts, email promos or website pages.
- Preparing for client KPI update presentations.
- Educating yourself on new digital marketing tactics.
- Providing input on creative designs and graphical promos.
- Doing small website edits with WordPress on a website.
- Reviewing stats and other data within our many tools like Google Analytics, Search Console or Ahrefs.
Sounds fun? But what we don’t expect is perfection or expert skills for you to qualify for this job. We will teach you that. We expect intelligence, organizational skills, energy, and a get it done attitude.
If this is a job that gets you so excited that you would even do it for free, we would totally accept that offer from you. But if you prefer compensation (and we get it…we prefer getting paid as well), this is what we offer: This is a full-time, Digital Marketing Coordinator (aka Project manager). There is no need to come to our office, but you will participate via video calls (and eventually at least once a year, we’ll meet you in person!).
In addition to being a detailed person, you must follow systems and processes. In fact, just to prove that you are detail oriented and can follow procedures when you apply for this position in the subject line of the email, you must include “I am ready to grow with EnvisionUP!” in the subject line or your cover letter. Yep, that’s our little trick to sort out the people who blanket send their resume to anyone and everyone, from the folks (that’s you) who are genuinely interested in this position.
We are looking to bring our new team member on board as soon as possible, but we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit both in abilities and culturally. One thing that will give you a BIG leg up (but is optional) is to send a quick video along with your resume. In your video tell us why you think you’re perfect for this job and why you will rock this position. This is for us to get a sense of your personality. And if you decide not to send a video (that’s ok), please tell us why you chose not to send in a video.
We can’t wait to meet you!!!
We strive for continuous improvement, and are constantly educating ourselves on new material, certifications and skills.
Be yourself, and enjoy your work. Everyone does things a little differently, and that is more than okay.
Our company is small but mighty, meaning we have to use our time efficiently. We are constantly using tools and tricks of the trade to get the most for our clients.
We’re stronger when we work together. Our team is in constant communication with each other, and every project has a small army behind it.
It’s all about understanding the clients wants and needs. Our team practices empathetic thinking 24/7, so that we deliver on our clients’ goals.